Poor Kendyl is going through a mommy attachment phase the last couple weeks. Used to be she just took my days in the office (a whopping TWO per week) in stride and we just said goodnight and I'll see you after work tomorrow and that was that. Now the last two weeks though, the girl has developed mommy radar. Almost without fail, as I prepare to walk out the door at the ridiculous hour of 5:30am, she has started to appear in the kitchen asking for hugs and crying. It's absolutely heartbreaking for me. I give her a big hug and walk her back upstairs and most days she crawls in bed with daddy to cuddle for the rest of the morning.
I usually call the nanny to see how she's doing after a few hours and the answer is always that she's doing great and hasn't missed a beat. I wish you could get inside their little heads. I've come to the conclusion that almost 5 is a pretty tough age and this is just another phase we are going through as she finds her independence, but still wants me around too. It's nice to feel needed and loved, but I'm ready for this to be over. Her sad little puppy dog eyes are tough to resist and the guilt from that goodbye lingers ALL day...
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Work Days
Posted by Jen at 6:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Did you really post this at 3:15 am? Cause if you did...you need sleep! It's not guilt you're feeling, it's brain shutdown! :)
I think I need you to figure out how to correct my blogger time for me. I posted it at 6:15, not that that's a whole lot better!
awww, poor K. And poor you!! I hope it passes quickly!! Soon you will be wishing she would want you around!!
I definitely want her to want me around, just not so much so that she cries when I have to leave:-(
Post a Comment