Friday, October 10, 2008

Lunch Bunch

Kendyl woke up super excited this morning and ran into our room and said to Rob "I get to stay at school after the other kids leave AND I get to eat lunch, play, and do crafts with my friends." Side note: I missed the display of excitement b/c Ms. Lauryl had an awful night and FINALLY fell asleep in my arms in the recliner in her room at 5:30am.

Kendyl's preschool offers a fun program called 'Lunch Bunch' to their pre-K kids. One Friday a month they have the option of bringing a packed lunch and staying an extra 90 minutes. During that time they do some additional fun crafts and activities and get a chance to explore the other classrooms. Today they painted pumpkin cutouts with a mixture of shaving cream, glue, and paint--the mixture dried really puffy and looked very cool. Kendyl also got a chance to spend time with her two teachers from last year and I think it was really nice for her b/c she definitely misses them and her buddies.

Kendyl has informed me that she wants to participate in EVERY lunch bunch possible. She also made the connection that next year when she's in kindergarten it will be like having lunch bunch EVERY day. The girl cannot wait to go to kindergarten! I'm glad she had so much fun, it's nice to see her enjoying school and making good friends.

While Kendyl was at her extended day, Lauryl and I went to her 2 year pediatrician appointment where she weighed in at 24lbs4oz and was 2'10". We skipped shots b/c of her cold, but will go next week to get them out of the way. We then went to the park where she ran around like a crazy woman. It was fun to watch how she acts on her own in that environment since she almost always has Kendyl around. She was more than ready to get Kendyl after our 5hr mommy/Lauryl playdate--she wrapped her in a big bear hug and they held hands walking out of the school.

0 comments: