I spent the first half of today at a farm, in the pouring rain, tredging through mud puddles the size of small ponds all the while pretending I was having a blast! I know generations of moms have done the same thing, but after this morning I personally feel like I at least deserve a star on my 'Mom of the Year' tracking form. Keep in mind that I hate to be dirty and would never in a million years chose to go out galavanting on a day like this. In all honesty, we probably would've stayed home in our jammies if I had it my way!! Instead I sucked it up, ran to Meijer at 8am and outfitted us in rain boots and ponchos and told Kendyl we were going on the adventure of a lifetime (she dislikes rain and mud almost as much as me--definitely my fault)!
In reality, it wasn't terrible. We were cold and we were definitely wet, but we had fun. We 'adopted' one of Kendyl's classmates for the trip and the two of them were adorable together. I felt like I had teenagers in the car NOT 4 year olds! They talked about hair, and birthday parties, and all the cool tv shows on Disney (Hannah Montanna, Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Camp Rock, and of course, High School Musical).
After we finished picking out our gourds and indian corn we went on a wagon ride to go choose our pumpkins. The girls were dripping wet and covered in mud. I got us all back to the car, stripped off shoes and coats and blasted the heat to warm them up! At the begging of the girls (didn't take much), I grabbed each of us an apple off the tree near where we were parked and we happily chomped our way through them and listened to the radio as we drove back to the preschool.
I'm sure this is only the first of many fieldtrips in less than ideal conditions. I'm secretly looking forward to each and every one of them!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Mom of the year?
Posted by Jen at 7:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You deserve TWO stars for that one, sister!
And I'm impressed that Kendyl held out!
Hi Jen,
I love the blog. Were you at Lynd's Fruit Farm? Annie was there today with her pre-school class and was not happy getting wet & dirty...just like you and Kendyl :-) The pictures of Lauryl's 2nd birthday were great. She's gotten so big!
Yep, we were at Lynd's too! The place was crazy packed considering it was such a gross day.
Post a Comment