Sunday, October 26, 2008

Let the parties begin...

October through January is the biggest birthday season of the year. Besides the fact that all 4 of us fall in that time period, we also have birthdays for my brother, Jordyn, my mom, Mindi, and a ton of Kendyl's little buddies. This weekend was the kickoff to birthday party season with a party yesterday and today and two to follow next week.

The party yesterday was at Darimar martial arts in Gahanna. We did not go into that party with high expectations and Kendyl actually requested to skip it all together at one point. I'm soooo glad we didn't. The party was awesome. Non-stop action from the minute we walked in. They started out by doing a huge obstacle course that lined the perimeter of the biggest room of the center. They did this in almost total darkness with disco lights and fun music. Then they did what I consider sports drills. Great activities for working on listening and coordination. Next up was some martial arts type stuff with the accompanying loud voices and exertion sounds (*grunting*) and a fun game where they split the kids in teams. I kid you not-they ran these kids ragged! After cake an ice cream the instructors did a martial arts demo which was very interesting and action packed, but probably the least favorite activity of the day. Overall, fantastic party and great for both sexes!

The party today was at Buckeye Gymnastics. This was not our first Buckeye party and it was highly anticipated. You can't beat the huge bounce house that the party begins in and the cheese pit and trampolines are definitely crowd pleasers. This party also kept the kids moving non-stop. I can't help but love any party that gives the kids exercise, it's so darn good for them and it's great that they are having fun and trying new things at the same time. They also had flyers out for some fun camps over Christmas break and I think I might try to get Kendyl signed up with a couple of friends!

I'll post recaps of next week's parties too. You can never have too many birthday party ideas. Kendyl is enjoying testing all of them out so we can make an informed decision for hers. I guess there are some advantages to being on the tail end of party season;-)

0 comments: