Tuesday, October 21, 2008

An Ammendment to my 'Tag, You're It' Post

As only a best friend can, Mindi has pointed out that there are some other random facts that people may not know about me:

1. When wanting to distract attention from herself when standing in a crowd (or when being passed by strangers on a sidewalk) Jen likes to do the "fake yawn." This completely fabricated yawn makes her look "busy" so that she does not have to make eye contact and potentially strike up a conversation. Although Mrs. Burns claims that this fake yawn is not done on purpose, I think it is....

2. Jen incorrectly pronounces the word milk so that it sounds like "Melk." This causes many compound words to sound even more unusual, i.e. "chocolate melk." I often wonder if she were to sing the Kelis song from a few years ago if it would song more like "My melkshake brings all the boys to the yard..."

3. Jen has the propensity to pee her pants when laughing uncontrollably. Picture it... October 2007, Jen and Mindi decide to take the girls to COSI and it is raining really hard. Rather than wait it out (as most people would do) we decide to get both girls out of the car, open strollers, carry umbrellas, diaper bags, purses, packed lunches, etc... and make a run for the door (which is a few hundred yards away.) About halfway to the door, Jen realizes that we are all soaking wet and she breaks into a fit of laughter. Once in COSI we had to dry each of the girls clothing, and to this day I'm not sure that Jen didn't have to dry her own pants for another reason.

4. Jen can get tan via any visible light source. Walking to the mailbox turns her into a bronze goddess. I think that even flourecent lighting in a basement might do the trick.

5. Regardless of the type of product used (Mousse, Gel, or Aqua Net Hairspray) - there is no curling Jen's hair. If you think you've managed to make it curly, wait 10 minutes and you will see that it did not work.

6. Jen cannot sing. I repeat...Jen really really really cannot sing. She is a fabulous dancer and was a competitive gymnast, but when it comes to singing talent, she was left out. Unfortunately, I'm afraid this trait may have struck Kendyl as well. During a recent rendition of Alligator Stew, I heard Kendyl hit some notes that only the neighborhood dogs would recognize.

7. There is not a Lifetime movie that Jen hasn't seen. Seriously....

0 comments: