Each year since Kendyl was born we have gone to Divine Farm in the fall. It is a great little place that is never too busy and always a good time. They have a fun barrel ride, adorable animal sculptures to climb on, the required old tractors and hayrides, a barn with a big slide that you go down in potato sacks, and a cute play area with a ton of ride on toys and some great corn kernel filled sand boxes that are always a hit with the kids.
We go to the farm to have fun AND to try and capture some great fall pics with pumpkins and cornhusks as the perfect backdrop. Lauryl was not feeling a 100% and feeling a little cranky as a result. Kendyl is going through something and is quick to meltdown or explode if the tiniest thing doesn't go her way. Put those two pieces of information into context and you can probably imagine how our day went!! The fact that it was 80 degrees and we were in the middle of a field with no shade definitely wasn't helping anyones's disposition either.
We started with the tractors and cute concrete animals and that went fairly well.
We then headed to the barrel ride.
Looks like it went okay, right? WRONG. This pic is before Lauryl started standing up, before we tried sitting her with Kendyl so we didn't have to worry she would fall out, before she pitched such a fit that I had to remove her from the ride and watch her meltdown as the ride disappeared in the distance since her previously occupied seat was taken as soon as I lifted her from it and that left nowhere for me to try ride with her...
We then attempted a carnival attraction obstacle course/slide thing that the farm was renting, but Lauryl was too small and some big kids plowed down Kendyl.
Then it was an attempt at pictures with the pumpkins. I have none to share if that is any indication of how that went over;-)
Rob did manage to catch my favorite shot of Lauryl and I to date, and for that I'm incredibly excited.
Sadly, I have no pics of Rob to share. Since getting his new camera he has taken on the photographer role and is now experiencing the phenomenon that so often the plight of the mother--the photographer never making it into any pictures. We'll do better next time.
1 comments:
omg, you are so funny!! Well, I have to agree, the picture of you and Lauryl is awesome...so if that's what you had to go through to get it, then so will be it! :)
Post a Comment