Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Cutie Pie

I cannot believe that this time next week Lauryl will be TWO! I still refer to her as my 'baby' and obviously that's becoming a bit of a stretch. She is so stinking rotten (in an adorable way) and so sweet all at the same time. She has a fiesty personality and a sparkle in her eye that melts my heart.

Cheesing it up for the camera
She is talking up and storm and always surprising people with how well she speaks. Sometimes Rob and I just look at each other and laugh because we simply can't believe the complexity of the things coming out of her mouth. She had me cracking up yesterday with this interaction in the entrance of Sam's Club upon spying a wooden clubhouse that she wanted me to get for her:

Lauryl: Mommy, I have that playhouse?

Me: Oh, sweetie. I don't know, you'll have to talk to daddy about that one.

Lauryl: (picks up her play phone and pushes numerous buttons before lifting to ear) Daddy, I have that....puh-lease;-)

Could you resist this face?

I'm cherishing the chance to spend some quality one-on-one time with Lauryl this year with Kendyl back in school 3 mornings a week. Lauryl is happy whether we're running errands or going to storytime. I think she enjoys the time together as much as I do, regardless of what we're doing! We start a class at the rec center at the end of this month and I just know it's gonna be a hit. I adore this age so so very much!

1 comments:

caroline said...

She IS a cutie pie! Good thing b/c Nathan only goes for the cute ones. ;)