Monday, January 19, 2009

Winter Water Fun

In an effort to get the girls to be more daring in the water this summer, we decided to do winter swim lessons. I mean, who wouldn't want to go swimming in -10 degree weather???? It worked out perfectly that there was a time where a class for Kendyl and one for Lauryl was offered at the same time AND on a Saturday so daddy could come along to help! We also have the added benefit of having built in swim buddies in Madison and Nathan:-)

Lauryl absolutely adores the class. She literally smiles the whole time. It makes freezing my butt off and wearing a bathing suit in January totally worth it!

Here's Lauryl working on her front stroke

Here she is finding the courage to jump to mommy

And here she is under the water (mommy blew in her face to make her hold her breath, hence the goofy face)

Rob had trouble getting Kendyl to look at him, but here's a end of class shot with Madison.
I'm really glad we signed up. I'm looking forward to the remaining six classes!

1 comments:

caroline said...

I love swim class with my girlfriend, Lauryl! She makes it so much more fun!

Love, Nathan