Monday, January 19, 2009

Snow Much Fun

We got a ton of snow over the last week, but along with it came seriously low (negative) temperatures. So, while the snow ws pretty there was no way I was taking the girls in it. We just battled enough illness over the holiday to last me a year and it simply wasn't worth risking helping another sickness move in on us! Yesterday the temps creeped to the mid to upper twenties so we decided to give it a go. Rob actually went and bought Kendyl a new snowsuit and Lauryl inherited a hand me down. He then attached rope to the sled and we were ready to go!


Here they are heading out to the yard

I love the excited anticipation on their faces

Here they are being pulled along as snow blows in their faces
Kendyl enjoying some solo sledding fun
The beginning of the downhill descent
The end of Lauryl's snow experience
Kendyl braving daddy's deck stairs snow ramp

Flushed and happy after a fun morning playing in the snow
Ticked off that she was forced to play in the cold wet stuff


Maybe I don't actually hate the snow, but it looks like I have a good excuse to stay inside if I need it;-)

1 comments:

caroline said...

Nice play on words for the title ;)

I'm glad the girls got to at least experience a little bit of the snow...since I hear we're losing it all tomorrow :(