Friday, January 16, 2009

Kendyl's Actual Birthday Day

The birthday girl woke up to a great surprise--mommy was at home instead of at work. Poor Aunt Bev got the nasty stomach bug going around and had to cancel on babysitting duty for the day. I was excited that I would get to spend the day with my princess instead of being at the office all day. I had planned on being away and had left balloons and one of Kendyl's fav musical cards on the table and instead of hearing from her via phone, I got to see her excitement in person.

My newly minted FIVE year old


Kendyl was excited to get a new Hannah Montana dress up outfit, complete with wig.

Lauryl was equally excited with a present we held aside from X-mas for her. She couldn't wait to cuddle up with it!
Kendyl got a surprise visit from her BFF who came armed with cupcakes!!

Our surprise visit from Mr. Hannah Montana himself was just the icing on the cake (Sorry, Nathan--hopefully this won't be found online when you're older!).

Here's my money b-day shot at 4:08pm on the dot...can you tell she's officially 5???

We ended the day with dinner and ice cream sundaes at Max & Erma's with me, Rob, Lauryl, my brother and mom (An added surprise to the day was grandma coming to the house to help me out by hanging out with the girls while I did some work--so Kendyl got to see her and grandpa and then Joe was up for meeting us for dinner too). A day no birthday girl could complain about!

2 comments:

caroline said...

Nathan makes a cute girl!! :) haha...that picture is hilarious....

KJH said...

Kendyl looks so grown up now and adorable as always.