Poor Ms. Lauryl seems to have acquired a nasty stomach bug:-(
I worked today instead of yesterday and when I got home the girls begged to go to the gym. Both were in great moods and I can hardly turn down the offer to go workout when they are giving me the perfect, guilt-free opportunity. I had been planning to come home and put on jammies and be in for the night, so I should be thanking them for motivating me!
The girls love the gym childcare and Lauryl has never needed her binky. When I picked her up tonight, the girl who was working said Lauryl had melted down 5 minutes earlier and had been begging for her binky and said that she was sorry but she gave in b/c it was easy and they were busier than usual tonight (last Friday my girls were the only two there!). The girls split a mini fruit rollup on the way home and then when we arrived we started to discuss dinner.
Kendyl was ravenous and impatiently started making her own sandwich while Lauryl said no to everything I offered. She finally perked up when I suggested soup, so I proceeded to heat up some Dora Chicken n' Noodles. I sat her at the table to eat and she said her belly hurt and started to whine. I scooped her up and we went to cuddle on the couch. After laying on me a good 15-20 minutes she suddenly jumped up and went to the opposite end of the couch. I stood up to go get her her special pillow and blanky and at that exact minute the poor thing tossed her cookies all over herself and the couch.
I took her upstairs and bathed her and put on jammies and then set her up on a makeshift floor bed in front of the tv. She watched Caillou for a good 20 minutes and then out of the blue got sick again. So, off we went for bath number two and more jammies. That must've gotten it all out of her system b/c she then asked for and devoured a banana and two pieces of toast. Hopefully I won't be seeing that again later. Poor thing, hopefully she'll wake feeling well tomorrow and hopefully none of us are next in line!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Lil Sickie
Posted by Jen at 9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh no, she did it TWICE? She really wasn't feeling good! Poor 'lil thing! I hope she feels better in the morning...
Aw, poor little sweetheart. That terrible tummy bug has hit almost all of us. I hope her "special pillow" brought her some comfort along with Mommy's hugs. :)
The beloved pillow was an unfortunate casualty of episode #2:-( It is being washed as I type. Hopefully, it will come out of this unscathed!
Post a Comment