Today was an amazingly beautiful day. Lauryl and I did the standard Monday morning grocery trip and cleaning up around the house. After getting Kendyl from school we went to a park to meet our playgroup friends for a picnic and some playing.
Two issues at the park to report:
First, why is it that all of the parks close their bathrooms as soon as school starts? Kendyl, of course, HAD to pee and that meant a trip to the woods. Luckily, I'm a very prepared mommy and keep a roll of toilet paper in my car for just these types of emergencies (you other mommies out there might want to take a quick break and run a roll out to your cars too). Regardless, helping a 4 year old squat and pee and wipe without getting it on her is no minor feat, especially not when you've had back surgery not too long ago.
Second, I thought ahead and grabbed our outdated bread and promised the girls we would walk to the pond at the park and feed the ducks. We must have passed two hundred ducks on the way to the park, but the pond at the park was completely barren...not a single freaking duck! This just meant that we had to go to another park after leaving the first one b/c there was no way they were going to let me get away with them not feeding ducks.
Feeding the ducks was fun. While I always say 'feed the ducks' it is predominantly, if not completely, geese that we usually feed. Today we had a plethora of animals to enjoy; ducks, geese, and sea gulls. The girls did amazingly well despite being completely surrounded on all sides by hungry hissing, quacking, flapping beasts. I'm sure we look silly standing on top of a picnic table, but the hissing geese scare the crap out of me too and no point risking a bite!
I was glad we made the extra stop since it was a good excuse to enjoy some more of the perfect weather and spend some more quality time with my two monkeys.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Beautiful Day
Posted by Jen at 9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know, wet wipes suffice as toilet paper in a pinch, too!
Now I know not to venture to any parks with your kids when school isn't in session. I can barely handle normal public bathrooms, let alone the squat and pee with a 4 year old....
Post a Comment