Lauryl is an absolute riot. In an effort to make sure I always remember this age and her absolute cuteness I thought I'd capture a few signature moments here.
Two weeks ago Lauryl had to get shots. The first 'shot' was flumist and she did great. The second was to go in her leg. She was enraptured in a kitty cat book and just minding her own business when the nurse decided to use the element of surprise and just jab her without warning. Lauryl looked up and in her meanest voice said "YOU HURT MY LEG" and then started screaming hysterically. She recovered quickly after a lollipop, but for the remainder of the day she would occassionally, out of nowhere, say "that lady hurt my leg'.
Despite the fact that Lauryl is now over two and sleeps in the room closest to us, we still use a monitor. Lauryl is a smart cookie and knows that if she speaks we come running. I don't think that she gets that there is a monitor in there so much as that she just knows we always answer her cries. The other night we forgot to turn the moitor on after putting her to bed and I took my shower and got myself ready to turn in. We realized the monitor was off and turned it on to hear Lauryl saying "mommy, where are you?" over and over again in disbelief. Poor thing, so confused that I didn't come running like always.
Tonight Rob had broccoli cheddar soup from Panera. Lauryl had dinner earlier, but she always wants in on a second meal when we eat and loves to sit with Rob and share his food. Tonight she took a bite of his soup and then, out of the blue, pumped her fist and said "Good!". She proceeded to do this after every bite until they finished off the whole bowl. It was priceless.
When Lauryl gets tired or feels like there's too much conversation going on around her that doesn't involve her, she will insist loudly that we "stop talking!" She is very emphatic about it and gets really mad if we ignore her pleas.
I know there are more, but these are all I can think of right now.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Laurylisms
Posted by Jen at 10:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a sweetie pie. Good idea to make note of these precious moments, because I sure wish I could go back and recapture all of my kids' sweetest and silliest days.
I can't wait to talk with Ava. Your stories are so cute!!
Post a Comment