Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's MY birthday!

Once a year, there comes a joyous day, where we celebrate ME! This year has been my favorite birthday to date b/c Kendyl finally gets it! The little sweetheart planned mommy a party, complete with presents, decorations, and cookie cake. She was excited to wake up and wish me happy birthday and according to the nanny she partied hard ALL day in my honor!

I actually started the celebration a tad bit early with a yummy dinner at Sakura followed by martinis at Martini Park! It was great to hang out with the girls and let loose for an evening, even if it did make waking up at 4:30am this morning a tad bit painful! I came home from my night out to find that the girls and Rob had decorated for me.

Today when I arrived home, Kendyl and Lauryl were so very excited to see me and wanted me to open their gift.

I was happy to discover that they bought me a new coffee maker! I'm becoming a coffee feign and the one we have was a gift from our wedding 8 years ago! Rob also got me a GC to Penzones and I'm soooo looking forward to getting a facial. Then we had cookie cake after the girls sang me a beautiful rendition of happy birthday, mommy.



I can't say I'm thrilled to be getting closer to my mid-thirties, but I had a good day and I'm lucky to have family and friends that love me and celebrated my special day with me. I'll end with a picture of Rob and I that was taken by my burgeoning photographer daughter, KB.


Happy 33rd B-day, to me!

5 comments:

caroline said...

Looks like you had a hard time blowing out those candles...phew, not looking forward to my thirties, that's for sure! ;)

J/K...sounds like a WONDERFUL day! :)

M said...

Dammit - - at least I kept the receipt..... Further proof that Kendyl and I think alike.

KJH said...

Hey, hey...the mid thirties aren't that bad :* Afterall, 40 is the new 30, so I'm hoping to have my act together by then. Glad you had a great birthday!

Trisaratops said...

Happy Birthday, Big! :)

SO CUTE! What a fun birthday celebration!

KJH said...

Oooooh Jen? Where are you darling? We miss you. Start posting woman.