Sunday, November 23, 2008

Let's Go to the Movies...

Today was supposed to be a daddy/daughter movie date for Rob and Kendyl, but after watching movie trailers with daddy all morning Ms. Lauryl wanted in on the action. We decided to go to Max & Erma's for lunch and see how Lauryl did since we were going to be trying to do all of this during what should've been her naptime--the girl is determined, she did great!

We then headed over to the ticket window where we bought tickets to see Bolt. Rob and I drove separately so that I could leave if it was a disaster. It was the complete opposite of a disaster. Lauryl really enjoyed herself and was honestly paying attention to the movie. She actually even yelled out to the movie at one point when something BIG was happening. But seriously, she sat in my lap the whole time and ate her licorice and fruit snacks and the hull-free popcorn mommy smuggled in for her.

Kendyl also really enjoyed the movie. She had been excited going into it b/c she knew Hannah Montanna was in it. In all honesty, I don't think she grasped at all that Miley Cyrus was the voice of one of the characters. That didn't seem to bother her though and the three main characters were really funny and kept her attention. Ater the final credits started rolling, Rob told her to get up and get her coat on. Kendyl proceeded to start crying. When I asked her what was wrong her response was "that movie was TOO good, I loved it." Rob and I, being the responsible parents we are, made sure not to let her see that we were laughing hysterically at this priceless and completely unexpected emotional response.

She truly and completely is my daughter--the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! We'll obviously have to add this to our collection when it comes out on DVD and in a few more years I'm gonna have a built in companion to watch sappy movies with that make me cry! Yay!

1 comments:

caroline said...

that's so cool that Lauryl sat through the movie...how fun!