Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm Thankful

As I spent all night in the kitchen baking for tomorrow's day of feasting, I had time to think of all the reason's I should be thankful. Here's my short list:

  • My precious family (A hubby that I love dearly that is a true provider and real go-getter PLUS loves all his girls more than anything and our two precious girls that have made our world complete with the love and laughter they bring to our lives)
  • My parents and brother (These are the people that would do anything for me, Rob or our kids and unconditional love like that is priceless)
  • In-laws that I love (this DEFINITELY is a blessing, and such a problem for so many)
  • Grandparents (We've had to say goodbye to our grandfathers, but are blessed that all of our grandmothers are still with us. Our kids have two great sets of people that love them as much as we do and live to spoil them rotten)
  • Chel and her adorable children (I didn't have cousins growing up and am so glad to see my girls getting to have those relationships)
  • Our friends (these are my go-to people--they aren't tied to me by blood, but I dare them to try and get away!!!)
  • My health (It was a scary year and I'm thrilled to be where I am right now)
  • Our home and the comfort and security it provides
  • Good jobs (especially my ability to work part-time)
  • Food on the table and in the fridge and pantry

There are a million and one little things that I'm not writing b/c I don't want to be too hokey, but I really think I've gone through all of them in my mind tonight and to say I feel fortunate and thankful for the life I have is an understatement of huge proportions.

Happy Thanksgiving. Don't assume that the ones you love know, TELL them!!!

1 comments:

KJH said...

What a wonderful list and thoughtful notes. It's very true that you can never tell the ones you love enough, just how much they mean.