I have to admit that COSI in the new building doesn't hold the same luster to me as the one in the old building. I have so many fun memories from the old building and I honestly believe that the smaller space held so much more to do. Kendyl and I had a membership when she was 2 and three and I think we've gone once or twice since Lauryl, but I don't think we went at all in the last year. Our membership had expired and I decided not to renew. Luckily, Battelle is now partnered with COSI on some things and therefore they decided to offer memberships to Battelle staff at 50% off. At 50% off the bargain shopper inside me couldn't resist buying a pass and going to check it out again.
My first observation: All trips to COSI occur in the pouring rain. Granted it is an indoor facility and therefore it makes sense to go there on rainy days...the haul from the paking lot to the door in the pouring rain totally bites (Mindi- without you to make me laugh there were no near accidents this time!!).
The girls first request was to go visit the frog exhibit. I pictured an exhibit where maybe there would be some frogs to touch in following with the "hands on science fun" edict, but that was not the case. We walked through a room with a ton of glass display cases and every type of frog imaginable. The girls loved running up to each case, looking at the picture, and then racing to point out the frog on display.
The play area is always a hit. The first part of each visit is always spent playing on the slides. Then we hit the water table. Occasionally Kendyl will head to the doctor area, but there was no interest from either of them this time. Lauryl spent some time climbing around the ambulance, but that was about it.
Slide playtime
After a few hours of playing we headed down for lunch and went to enjoy some of the fun things in the open atrium. The girls played with a large version of the toy with a ton of pins that you can push against and leave impressions of hands, faces, arms, etc. They also enjoyed the large light brite box and putting in and pulling out the colored pegs. While playing we ran into our good friends and neighbors, the Blausey's. Kendyl and Lauryl were excited to see them and all 4 kids sat together to watch the infamous static electricity show.
This was before the show started, don't they look thrilled?!
3 comments:
we need to go together...soon! And I promise if it's raining, you won't melt....
I know I won't melt...it's the mixture of wet AND cold! It needs to hurry up and get warm!
Jen, You do a wonderful job with the girls, and they seem to enjoy what you do. Keep up the great work. Linda Kinney
Post a Comment