Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fishy Fun

Rob took Kendyl to wash his truck last Sunday and came back with a slip and slide and an aquarium! We can't afford for those two to go out together alone!!!!

Rob left to go out of town on Sunday without setting the fish tank up, so after much begging I gave in and put it together on Tuesday. I set out a 2qt container with water to let the chlorine evaporate out overnight. Good planning on my part if only we hadn't bought a 2 gallon tank, so we had to put more water out and wait another day. The water was ready for fish today so Rob made it home just in time to go with us to pick out the fish. The girls were thrilled and brought home two platy fish, one named Sparkles and the other Lily.

Checking out their new fish

Don't they look happy?
Meet our newest additions:-)
Okay, while we won't get the girls a dog we will let them have fish...wonder how long this tactic will keep their mind off of what they really want??

2 comments:

caroline said...

that's a cute tank and will make a fun nightlight in Kendyl's room! They look super excited!

KJH said...

LILY! You're kidding? How sweet. I happen to love that name myself. I just hope she's not the first fish to float. Goldfish are a tough pet to keep alive but a quick lesson on life, so be prepared with a replacement. The girls do look happy and I'm proud of you for setting it up.