Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Fun

In the spirit of Easter we decided to color some eggs. I'm sad to admit that this is the first time I've ever initiatedthis activity. The potential mess goes against my obsessive compulsive mess avoiding nature;-) However, I think I waited the perfect amount of time b/c the activity could not have gone better.

Here are Kendyl and Lauryl holding the boxes after I told them of our morning plans. They were beyond excited.


Here they are (very carefully) mixing the dye tablets into the water and vinegar.

And here is the finished product. Anyone want some delicious hard boiled eggs???

Isn't Easter fun?!

2 comments:

caroline said...

hey, I thought you said you didn't/don't do easter egg dying? Oh well, regardless, they turned out very pretty and the girls looked like they had fun!

Jen said...

Believe me when I say this is an activity I tried to delegate. I just couldn't make it work with grandparents this year, so I had to fight my OCD tendencies and bite the bullet. Next thing you know we'll be painting and playing with moon sand!!!