Sunday, April 19, 2009

MS Walk 2009 - Walking for Mom

This year we decided that the MS walk would be a family affair to show mom how very much we love and support her. We couldn't have special ordered a more perfect day. The reality is that MS is an awful disease and it affects the lives of so many people. The people battling hard against this monster deserve a great day filled with comraderie and sunshine and happiness. I hope the fundraiser was as big of a success as our day was! Special thanks to friends and family that supported the cause through their donations-your funds help wage the search for a cure!

We started out with a team photo. (Robbie was behind the camera and Steve and Billy somehow escaped us) Lauryl and Kendyl were in GREAT moods despite being woken at the early hour of 6:30am.

Uncle Joe enjoyed his first visit to the zoo in ages and really let the kid in him come out.
The girls were thrilled that the rides were open for the first time this season. Despite the crowds at the zoo there were hardly any lines at the rides and with Joe and Linda to accompany her Kendyl went crazy! I even got in on the action and rode the big ship ride with Joe- I haven't giggled like that in ages, it was fun being goofy with my little brother again. Also didn't hurt that Linda was cracking us up b/c she was truly NOT enjoying the ride!

Joe & I after the ride
Lauryl on the teacups
Joe & Kendyl on the swings
Lauryl Driving Daddy in the Jeep
A fun time was had by all. We love you mom!

Go Team Linda!!!

1 comments:

KJH said...

What a wonderful day for your Mom, glad to see she is doing well. I know how much you all love her and I'm happy it was such a beautiful day for everyone.