I decided that Lauryl and I needed to sign up for some activities now that Kendyl was in full day kindergarten. Being a natural monkey I thought gymnastics would be a good fit. The session was 8 weeks and an overall good experience. We missed a class due to illness, a class due to a MAJOR tantrum, and a class due to my lack of organization. Now that I see it in writing, that's pretty terrible. Regardless we had fun.
Lauryl's favorite two things were the trampoline and the bars. She enjoyed hanging from the bar and pulling her feet up and between her hands. Not a minor feat for such a little person.She also got more comfortable supporting herself above the bars on straight arms. This is a BIG improvement when I think back to the rec center gymnastics class that she took last year where she absolutely refused to try this. This picture doesn't do her efforts justice, but its the best that I've got!
The foam pit was also a big hit. The day I brought my camera the team girls were working out right next to us and Lauryl was obsessed, so looking right at me was low on her list of things to do.
The beam was a fun task for Lauryl. She liked doing whatever the teacher asked. Forward, backwards, bunny hop, and best of all the jump dismount and loud TA-DA!It was a fun class and maybe we'll try another session after the holidays. We've got an art class for the next 4 weeks and are then taking a holiday break from activities (well, unless she ends up liking the dance class offered at the same time as Kendyl's hip hop class-she seems interested, but we'll see how it goes when she actually has to face going in alone)!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Gymnastics Fun
Posted by Jen at 10:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Maybe we should do a gymnastics class together in January? Looks like fun!
How fun! Looks like a great facility.
Post a Comment