Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jumpin Jellybeans

This year, like last year, I wanted to try and do some of the fun things with Lauryl that Kendyl got to enjoy when she was an only child;-) I try to take full advantage of the time when Kendyl is in school so that Lauryl and I can enjoy the same quality one-on-one time. Fortunately for us, our good friends Caroline and Nathan had the same idea and we were able to sign up for a class together. The truly funny thing is that Caroline and I took this same class together with Madison and Kendyl when they were this age and even had the same teacher.

The class is super beginner gymnastics. We start with some circle time and songs ( Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, The Noble Duke of York, Row Your Boat, and major crowd pleaser: This is How the Lady Rides) and then practice 2 or 3 skills each week (front roll, trampoline, jumping off spring board, hanging on bar and skinning the cat, and balance beam) and end with parachute time. Lauryl gets so excited when I tell her in the morning that it is HER class day. She immeditely beams from ear to ear and says "I see Caroline and Nathan??"
A two-year old's interpretation of an arabesque

Hanging on the bar (it was hard to try and capture a shot of this w/o endangering my subject!)

Trampoline time with Nathan

Parachute Time

Lauryl loved this class so much that we are officially signed up for the next session. Obviously going to the rec center and playing with friends is way more fun than running 2.5 hours worth of errands with mommy!

4 comments:

KJH said...

How fun! I so know what you mean about cherishing the one on one time. I'm holding onto every minute of it. I love seeing little Nathan and Lauryl together. I miss them both so much. Thanks for posting lots tonight!

Unknown said...

The picture of Lauryl on the bars is awesome! What a great shot! Thanks for sharing, Jen. It is so great to read and see pictures of your fam! See you Saturday!

caroline said...

Those pics turned out so good! I haven't even looked at mine yet. But you did get a good shot of the two little ones together, yay!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I wish we had a rec center out my way.