Here are Rob and I with Ms. I NEVER miss a photo op :-)
The girls were as excited for the evening as we were b/c Mindi was the one lined up to do the babysitting for the night. Little did she or we know what the night ahead held..
Rob and I had a nice time at the party. The tapas were a little outside of my comfort zone, but the wine was tasty and who needs food to dilute the effects anyways;-) His coworkers were allvery nice and we had a nice evening up until about 8:00 when we got 'The Call'. Poor Mindi had tried my cell twice, but I conveniently left it in the car. She then tried Rob's cell, but we had failed to give her his new number since switching jobs. Lucky for us she's a resourceful one and went through the caller ID looking for the most frequent cell number:-) I liked her rationale: either she'd get Rob or she'd reach Caroline and she'd know how to find us!
Turns out Lauryl went down easy as usual only to call out for mommy 10 minutes or so after hitting the sheets. Min knows I don't go running the first time she yells, but by the third time she could tell something was up. She indicates that in the glow of the night light Lauryl's bed looked like it had speckles on it. She turned the light on to find Lauryl had tossed her cookies on her pillow, sheets, and jammies. She got her changed and back down only to repeat the process again 10 minutes later. She only called us b/c she needed a hint on where to find a third set of sheets!
Rob and I rushed home and no sooner than we walked in, Lauryl called for me. I went to her and scooped her up only to have her puke everywhere! I was in my dress and tried to divert the flow and made a direct hit on Mindi's leg and feet (ewwww). I ran to change and almost as soon as I got downstairs and picked her up, she did it AGAIN. This time I sucked it up and took one for the team since Rob and Mindi had already cleaned the carpet once. Mindi and I learned the signs and I became more proficient at containing the mess in a towel or waste basket.
My night that started off with such anticipation, led to a sleepless night with a sick, sick baby. Min captured this sweet shot of mommy fresh from a shower to rinse off from one of the episodes, but undeterred from cuddling her little puker.
Poor Lauryl had a rough night, but stopped the vomitting after 3am. Unfortunately we then entered phase 2 which led to a nasty diaper rash. Almost 5 days later and we're still battling this bug, but it's slowly letting up and she seems mostly better. Thanks to Mindi for taking it all in stride. Let's hope our party this weekend goes better, but at least Mindi doesn't have to be on duty this time in case it doesn't!
4 comments:
A few things I learned after this babysitting experience:
1. Force children to thoroughly chew all chicken nuggets because you may be seeing them again later.
2. Believe a 2 year old when she says her tummy hurts.
3. Puke that contains no alcohol content surprisingly smells much better.
Remember, Rob promised to buy me an ipod for going through this. I'd like the 32 gig ipod touch please.
omg, what a night! Sorry your kick off for the season didn't go as planned, but at least that bug is on the way out the door of your house!!
There is no doubt, Mindy is your BFF!
LOL, Min...you crack me up. I'm sorry we never met. Poor Lauryl, that sounds like a miserable night. Hope your little sweetie is feeling better now Jen and you can all enjoy the holidays.
Post a Comment