Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day this year was one of my best yet. Kendyl kind of got it this year and was all about making it a special day. My first treat of the day was that I got to lay in bed and read while Rob got up with the girls. After I woke up the girls gave me coffee mugs that they decorated for me and 'helped' Rob make me breakfast. Rob misinterpreted one of Kendyl's very specific breakfast requests and she made sure he knew! When she said to get me muffins, she meant to make me muffins, not buy English muffins!




After breakfast we played outside and I got to go for a walk with my neighbor and then head off to an early dinner with the in-laws. This on the heels of a Saturday evening cookout with my family so that the WHOLE day of Mother's Day wouldn't be spent running from house to house!



I'm the luckiest girl on Earth to get to love and care for these two precious human beings. Spending the day with my family is the best gift of all! Thanks to Robbie for helping to bring them into the world and make my dream of motherhood a reality! Thanks also for taking such good care of all of us. Without his support I wouldn't be able to work PT and do all the special things with them that I get to do on a regular basis. I love being a mom!

2 comments:

KJH said...

Looks like it was the perfect day!

Trisaratops said...

So sweet! Happy (belated!) Mother's Day. It's just the best, isn't it?! :)