Yesterday I decided to attempt to accomplish some back-to-school shopping with both kids in tow. I'm happy to report that it went wonderfully.
Our trip began with a visit to Nordstrom to snag some snazzy Twinkle Toe shoes at a great sale price following a tip off from Caroline. Seeing the Moore kids and their freshly turned thirty mama (ah, I love it...) was an added bonus!
Then we headed of to Children's Place to score some goodies for Lauryl, but of course Ms. Kendyl spotten a few things she needed too;-) Lauryl's most coveted purchase was a sparkly pink belt that she just had to have.
Then it was into the mall for an urgent potty break per Ms. Lauryl and a much needed shopping intermission at Auntie Anne's.
Following our break it was off to Justice where I got to watch my 6 year old turn into a little fashionista and proclaim "I thought I was gonna pick out my own clothes" after I turned down the hundredth Cyndi Lauper-esque outfit and steered her towards something I'd actually let her wear in public on a day other than Halloween! I did let her get one 80s throwback outfit to get out of the store without a fit. If anyone sees a really tan 6yo in a bright neon dress with a black beaded necklace and neon pink jelly shoes paired with a HUGE smile, chances are that she belongs to me. I'm guessing that dress will be worn out over the course of the next month!
The girls were delighted with their loot and very excited to lay it all out for daddy when he got home. I was excited that I remembered coupons for both stores and scored some pretty good deals!

0 comments:
Post a Comment