Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rainy Day Fun

Anyone that knows me, knows I'm not great with messy activities or spur of the minute plans. Despite that sometimes unfortunate characteristic, I was struck with the idea of setting the girls free to enjoy the rain after a very successful trip to the dentist with both of them. We pulled into the garage and the girls jumped out of the car and started to head inside like always. I asked them to stop and look at the rain and then suggested maybe they'd like to play in it. They were shocked, to say the least. After they realized I was serious they beamed from ear to ear and bolted into the downpour. Watching them enjoy such a simple thing like playing in the rain made me feel guilty. There's no reason I can't be spontaneous and let them enjoy moments like that. They had a blast and I loved watching them experience something new.





Despite the warm weather, the girls were chilled to the bone by the time they were done. We came inside and took a warm afternoon bath and had a hot lunch. It was a great way to pass the time on a rainy day!

3 comments:

audrey's mama said...

Jen, You are who you are! Accept it! The girls love you for it! And you are a great Mom!

KJH said...

Yay, good for you! I'm the same way and it always feels great to let go a little. They looked like they had so much FUN :)

caroline said...

We love playing in the rain!! See, it's ok to be a little crazy sometimes ;) If you let me, I'll teach you to be accepting of a mediocre-ly clean house, too :) On second thought, that might be a lot of work on my behalf....