As I've mentioned many times before, I love doing things with Lauryl that Kendyl got to do with me when she was the ONLY child. I think it is really important to give Lauryl the same special attention and experiences even though she has a big sister. The Westerville Rec offers an array of awesome and affordable toddler activities AND having a built in classmate in our friends Caroline and Nathan seals the deal!
Our latest class undertaking is called Hands on Toddler Fun. Essentially it is an arts and crafts class for our mini picassos and we get to leave the mess and the planning to the rec center. We have gotten to play with paint, glue sticks, stickers, MOON SAND, and lots of other fun stuff. Lauryl is all smiles and bounds from station to station trying everything out.
This week I took my camera to capture some of the fun. The teacher set up a shaving cream table so the kids could spread it around and practice drawing and just plain enjoy getting messy. Here are a few pics. You be the judge and decide if you think they liked it;-) Two is such a fun age (especially when she's smiling and having fun instead of throwing a tantrum)!!!!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Hands on Toddler Fun
Posted by Jen at 4:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Now see...that's the kind of mess I'd love to leave behind for someone else clean up. Of course, I would have my kids dressed from head to toe, in a painter's smock and bare naked underneath, but I think I could handle that. Looks like so much fun :)
Post a Comment