Saturday, January 8, 2011

Kendyl's 7th Birthday

Months before Kendyl's birthday we started discussing party options and decided on roller skating.  As the date got closer and the time to schedule it arrived, I brought it up again.  To my surprise Kendyl no longer wanted a school party and adamantly asked me to stop asking her about it.  She insisted she simply wanted a party with her family and her friends she had known a LONG time.  So, we changed routes and planned a party at the house with family, neighbors, and the Moore's (of course).  As the date got closer and the invitations for class parties poured in, I think she regretted her decision.  I felt bad, but I tried t throw her a party and that boat had sailed.  I think she still had a good time with her peace themed fiesta.

Mindi helped me make awesome party favor t-shirts and I found adorable peace sign gift bags

We ordered a tie-dyed peace themed cake
We had a scavenger hunt type activity that the kids lost interest in pretty quick (that took us ages to plan and coordinate), but I think they still had fun.  Overall it was a fun party and I think the birthday girl felt special and celebrated and that was the main objective.




Rob, Kendyl & I ended the night with a toast to her 7th year:-) 
It's so hard to believe our baby is already 7!!

0 comments: