Saturday, January 29, 2011

Introducing The New Hair

 Kendyl started anticipating her birthday in October after she saw how Lauryl got to celebrate hers.  The agenda: special one-on-one time with mommy with a trip to sweet and sassy followed by a photo session at JCP.  It was very spur of the moment and me taking advantage of Lauryl with cute hair and a great mood, but it worked out wonderfully! I was more than happy to oblige Kendyl with the same scenario to commemorate her special day.

Let me state for the record that Kendyl has been requesting short hair since before school started. The cut I agreed to for back-to-school wasn't nearly as short as she wanted and she has never missed a chance to remind me! Here's a before and after shot for comparison. The stylist did a great job giving her curls after hearing we were getting pictures taken:

BEFORE

AFTER


I was delighted with the final length and thought that Kendyl's 7 year pics turned out terrific.  The curls made her look spunky and went well with her peace inspired outfits that were fully coordinated by her.  She had a blast at the photography studio and walked around all day fluffing her cute curls.

Bedtime came around and I had to give her a shower because her hair was doused in glitter.  After the shower she asked me to dry it so she could see how it looked.  When she turned to the mirror after I stopped the dryer, I was shocked that her reaction was tears.  She was devastated.  She thought it looked exactly the same as before and she was NOT happy.  Granted the cut was bell shaped and I wasn't thrilled with how it was laying, I didn't think it was tear worthy.  She was so upset and looked so disappointed that I asked if she wanted to go back and get it fixed.  The response was an immediate and emphatic YES!

So, after school on Monday I took her back.  We got a girl we have had before and she asked Kendyl what she wanted.  Kendyl grabbed the shortest layer by her chin and said she wanted all of it cut to match.  The stylist didn't even really glance at me and started cutting with the first piece being a huge chunk off the back.  I knew then that there was no turning back.

The end result had Kendyl beaming from ear to ear.  She officially had the cut SHE wanted, not the one I wanted.  There hasn't been a minute of cutters remorse and she says she will never have long hair again.

AFTER PART II

And even more importantly, she now matches the bitty twin that she gave the haircut.  To her that part alone is PRICELESS!  I guess I should just count my blessings that she didn't ask for matching bangs!!





2 comments:

Rose said...

I can imagine it was hard to watch her pretty hair being cut off. But what a great result! All three of her looks are adorable.

Unknown said...

Love love love this post, Jen. The pics are awesome!