Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Easter is a fun holiday for the kids because of all the opportunities that it presents to be crafty. We've been taking full advantage this year and enjoying every second! Our first foray into Easter crafts was the traditional dying of the eggs. We invited Mindi to join us for the fun and while she and I had some great ideas from Martha Stewart, they didn't really turn out quite like the pictures in the magazine! I failed to take any pictures since my professional photog bestie was in attendance, but you can see a couple of hers here!

Next we made some adorable Easter egg pillows courtesy of a good friend from the office. The girls really thought they were fun and Kendyl was proud that she did the whole thing all by herself (I only had to tighten some of the knots!).
Next, we did some holiday baking. Kendyl is doing a lesson in fractions at school and they made bunny biscuits last week. The teacher sent home the instructions and I thought it would be cute to use the cut and bake dough to make bunny cookies! The body and head are two whole circles, the ears are halves, and the arms and legs are fourths. Gotta love math in action! Here's the finished product:

We also made some delicious mini cupcakes. Mini cupcakes seemed like a great idea until I realized that one boxed mix made 48 cupcakes! There were more sprinkles on the floor than the cupcakes, but the final product looked great!

The girls hard at work
The finished product
Lastly, we were asked to bring one of our homemade sugar cookie cakes to my parent's house today. It's definitely not professional grade, but I didn't think it turned out too bad!
Happy Easter, Everyone!

2 comments:

audrey's mama said...

It all looks like fun! Glad you all enjoyed the pillows - they look great!

KJH said...

It all looks so cute! Glad you girls had a fun Easter :)