Friday, April 23, 2010

Fun with the McDougal Klan

So, Kendyl was on spring break and I took some time off to take advantage of her vacation. I was trying to think of things to do and decided this would be the PERFECT excuse to finally go see my friend Amy's new (to me) house in Rocky River, OH! Sadly, they moved like three years ago and I'm just a terrible friend:-(

Originally we were planning to go in conjunction with a business trip Rob had planned, but when that fell through I decided I still wanted to take the girls. Kendyl was less than thrilled, but only because Maddux (the new kitten) had only been with us one day and she was heartbroken over leaving him. The DVD player in conjunction with the new movies that each girl had received for Easter was a lifesaver as usual. They only got ansy the last 20 minutes after the movie stopped.

We arrived at Ames' house just in time for lunch. We took a tour of their beautiful house and had a delicious lunch. It was fun to watch the kids get quickly acquainted. We decided it was time to head out if we were going to do something. Amy had mentioned a few possibilities of things we could do when I first mentioned the idea of coming, but the weather ended up being quite crappy and eliminated my first two choices (parks near their neighborhood or the zoo). We decided to brave the I-X indoor amusement park, that happened to be in town, with the 4 kiddos in tow. I have to admit I was taken aback by how nice the park was. The fun of an amusement park without the weather elements and bugs. It was a dream! The kids really had a blast and got along wonderfully.

There were so many rides that I can't possibly post pictures of them all. Lauryl was lacking courage and refused to ride quite a bit. She did warm up a little towardsthe end and absolutely adored the huge fair slide and riding down on my lap!

Here is Kendyl and her new buddy, Rowan
Lauryl with Bode
The kids waiting for the swings to start


Rowan, Kendyl, and Bode riding a coaster (Ms. Lauryl was scared to try)
Amy got in on the action and rode the caterpillar:-)
Rowan and Kendyl in the spinning cups
Lauryl lovin' on an uncertain Bode
Checking out the petting zoo
The beautiful star of the worst tiger show EVER
After well over 3 hours at the park we decided it was time to pack up and head back to the McDougal house for some pizza before we hit the road. We enjoyed the yummy pizza and caught a quick glimpse of Kreg and then loaded up the car and headed back to C-bus. Lauryl was out like a light after 15 minutes and Kendyl hung on until we were 20 minutes from home. It was a long, but fun, day! We were glad to have made the drive and I greatly enjoyed seeing my sorority BIG and good friend!

0 comments: