In an effort to continue to try and get Kendyl more comfortable in the water, I found and signed her up for a twice a week three week session of lessons through the New Albany High School Pool. When I called to inquire I was excited about the small class size and the fact that the lessons took place in an Olympic sized pool with no zero entry. It was my hope that a class more focused on skills would be just what Kendyl needed to find her courage. In all honesty, I went on the first day just hoping that Kendyl wouldn't cry!!
The lesson went GREAT. Kendyl even admitted liking it way more than she thought she would and acted excited to be going back in two days! WooHooo, score one for mommy!
Here's Lauryl watching intently from the stands
Kendyl showing trust in her new instructor
Using the flotation barbells all by herself
Even floating on her back
I'm hopeful that lessons will continue to go as well the last 4 days as the first two. As a previous swim instructor it kills me that Kendyl won't let me help her, but I'll happily accept anyone that can. I just want her to get over her fears and start to love the water as much as I always did!
1 comments:
Yay!! That's so encouraging. We're having the hardest time down here with even getting our faces wet.
Post a Comment