Sunday, September 28, 2008

Gym Rats

Okay, I've finally accepted that if I want to work out then I need to make it happen! I've been doing the "fit it in if I can" approach, but with our hectic schedules it doesn't EVER seem to fit in. After debating the pros and cons of a treadmill for the house or a gym membership, I finally decided to go with the gym.

I have to admit that I really dislike the idea of putting the kids in the gym childcare. I don't know if it's my fear of the germs (I know I can't protect them from everything, but I HATE when they're sick), my worries that they won't have fun, or just feeling guilty that I'm giving up yet more precious time with them.

It's something I have to get over though. After my surgery this year I really need to take care of my body and that means gaining back the strength I lost in my leg and really strengthening my core to protect the surgeon's handiwork and prevent a return trip to the OR.

I'm happy to report that the girls loved their first visit. They said it was wwwaaaaaayyyyy better than the old gym, which had a super pathetic playroom with hardly any toys. I hope the fun they had will continue--they actually asked to go today, so I'm feeling optimistic!! Being healthy is as much for my family as it is for me. Here's hoping I can find a workout schedule that we can all be happy with.

1 comments:

caroline said...

ok, feeling guilt. Must start working out.

Glad it went well!!