Monday, September 1, 2008

Goodbye Lazy Summer Days

I cannot believe that our summer is over! How is this possible? I guess that losing 8 weeks due to back surgery didn't help, but geez, this is my favorite season and I'm just not ready to say goodbye yet.

We decided to send out the summer with a bang and spend the last official day of the pool season swimming...so did the rest of New Albany, I guess! I've never seen the pool so busy. As is par for the course, both girls were incredibly brave today after an entire summer of being tentative. I can't say for sure if this newfound braveness was a result of knowing it was the last day or more an artifact of showing off for daddy because he came with us!

My littlest water baby


Her role model


What's a day at the pool without a frozen treat???


Here's looking forward to fall and all the fun it brings. I can't wait to go apple picking, visit the pumpkin patch, cheer on the Buckeyes, and enjoy the perfect fall weather! In only 9 short months we can revisit my favorite season and go back to spending lazy days hanging out together at the pool.

0 comments: