Had an experience with Lauryl today that is too funny not to write down. We ran a marathon of errands and she was sooo good. She walked instead of being carried and was fully entertained in the car by browsing my Pier One Imports catalogue. We finished shopping for the child Kendyl's class adopted, we found edible markers for a special holiday craft, I snuck some stocking stuffers in my cart while distracting Lauryl at Walmart while searching for ugly sweaters for a themed party this weekend. I gave her the one more store warning and instead of getting mad, she was kinda excited. She'd been looking at the Pier one catalogue so I just figured she was planning to try and talk me into something;-) We walk in and walk right over to the holiday stuff and she keeps looking around saying she's trying to find the talking? I kept saying "sweetie, I don't hear anything". She kept getting right down next to all the porcelain figurines and then standing up and saying "they're not talking". I said something about glass not talking and finished my shopping.
We get home and she asks me to turn on Polar Express for the 10th time (we have the movie, but we taped the ABC showing on the DVR). I sit down to watch with her while we eat lunch. Lo and behold, a commercial for Pier One comes on. In the commercial the Christmas stuff is talking to a shopper telling her her mom would like it. I look at Lauryl and ask if that was what she meant and she says "yea, the stuff at our store didn't talk" and shrugged her shoulders. It's totally amazing how much more they take in and process than we can ever imagine. I love this age.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Pier One shopping trip
Posted by Jen at 2:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is too cute!!
Post a Comment